better

I went to school only aiming to get through the day - survive today, I told myself, and you have a nice three day weekend. Today, weirdly, turned out to be pretty good. Compared to the rest at least.

I got told that one of the younger classes I met the other day asked for me in their next class, saying "oh is Miss One Direction not here today? We want to see her!" So that was pretty cute. I can hear you all judging me for being referred to as Miss One Direction. HATERS GON HATE. I love 1D, just deal with it.

So my first class were pretty sweet - they were a young class so crazy enthusiastic. I won some serious brownie points with the kids, particularly the boys, when I told them that my favourite film was X-Men (I don't really have a favourite film but X-Men: First Class is definitely on my list). And of course my predictable photo of One Direction in Newcastle United kit won the girls over too. Then my second class was a sports concentration class. They were mental, totally loud and brash, and their teacher was pretty crazy too. Totally laid back, but I think the class got a lot out of the lesson because even though they were so loud, they spoke a ton of English. There were some swimmers in there too, so I could relate to them, and they loved my Phelps & Lochte photos. Major story of the day was in this class - so one of the boy's said "OMFG" and the teacher was like "Oh Hannah you know what that means right?", so  I replied yes, and she was like "me too, how about you write it on the board?"

SAY WUT NOW?!

Obviously, the British girl inside of me broke out. I cannot possibly even say a swear word in front of a teacher, never mind write it on the board. But the teacher pressed me, saying the kids needed to learn the good stuff and the bad stuff. So, reluctantly, and protesting as much as I could, I wrote "Oh my f***ing God!" on the board (I include the ***s because I realise my parents are reading this blog - to be fair, they may well be the only people reading this tripe by now). I was almost crying laughing in an unbelievably bizarre situation. The teacher said she'd known I'd react like that, and she'd used it as an opportunity to prove to the kids that swearing is not as acceptable in every culture as it is in Quebec. She reckoned the kids didn't believe her because she was old, so by putting me in that situation, I proved a point. It was a good laugh, awkward as it was, and it's a damn good story to tell. My final class passed without much issue - youngest kids in the school who knew very little English, but they were polite and listened to my presentation and also asked questions, even though they were in French.

So yes, today was definitely more of a positive day. We even had a little bit of flat bonding over the finale of Million Second Quiz. Alice & I - okay, mainly me but Alice has been a willing accomplice - have gotten quite into this quiz show during the 11 days it's been on, and tonight, Guillaume, Clement and Andre sat with us and watched. Some explanation was necessary, as they weren't as avid fans as Alice & I, but we had a nice little bonding session, pretending we knew the answers and screaming (again... mainly Alice & I) when our favourite didn't win. It was all rather cute. And proper sad.

In other news, I downloaded iOS 7.0. Hannah was right, it is all rather too cheerful looking. But I like the lock screen on the iPad, the rest of it is fine. And it was sunny AGAIN. Like actually hot. It sucks that the early morning is like 5 degrees but by midday you're sweating your life away in fourteen layers of clothes. No exaggeration, whatsoever. At least on the 5 degrees part - that bit is fully BBC Weather-certified truth.

It's bliss not having to set an alarm for 6.18 or 6.40 in the morning - this three day weekend is totally welcome. I'm still going to try and get an early night though - I'm loving life with the rest of How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. I also finished off Star Trek: Into Darkness again today. It was even better second time round. J.J.Abrams is an actual king. ALSO - How I Met Your Mother Season 9 starts on Tuesday in USA/Canada, very much looking forward to gloating over all of you at home that I can watch it before you. Muahahaha.


And on that note, goodnight brothers, sisters,
and anyone else.




Comments