Netflix is life.
So, if you've read the drivel that was my last post, you'll know I'm no longer working... and if you haven't read my last post, well, you know now chicka.
So yes - I am living that dream that everyone thinks they want, doing nothing at all, being free as a bird...
Realistically, it's fairly boring. I have mastered the art of Netflix, if indeed, there can be an art to watching television. I'd like to believe there is, because I'd like to believe I'm good at it. I managed to watch two series of Call The Midwife in two days, and if that's not a skill then I genuinely don't know what is. I've now started re-watching it... strange obsession with Stephen McGann.
So I'm trying to get through a lot of things that I feel I should have done by now; television programmes, films, books... So Call The Midwife was on the list and is now done with, and I'm gleefully happy to have the new series on BBC, and I'm attempting to read A Clockwork Orange. When I'm in a good mood, I find it okay to read - it's all written with crazy loan words in so at times I'm guessing my way through chapters. But I will do it... eventually... even though I'm far too easily distracted by repeats of Sherlock and (naturally) Doctor Who.
After our party on Saturday, I laid in bed all day Sunday eating sushi... until a 2 1/2 hour late house viewing decided to occur. Cue absolute panicked re-tidying of the room, dashing about desperately trying to hide everything from view whilst they knocked on my door, and then having to run out of my room half clothed and very annoyed.
BUT ANYWAY.
I finally went to my first hockey game! Quebec Remparts versus... oh I don't know some other Quebecois junior team. Anyway, it was really good - almost all of the housemates went together and it was a nice eve. Had some cute little kids singing the national anthem (in French boo), some medals presented to members of the team who'd represented their countries at the junior world cup, and the CUTEST little kids in Tim Horton's jerseys playing during the intermission. I enjoyed getting really aggressive too whenever there was the potential for a fight... but sadly it was quite a calm game. The Remparts won too, which was really good. However, I was shocked by the fact that when the opponents scored, the crowd actually booed. As a seasoned football fan, I'm used to angry sports fans, I'm even used to people being absolute idiots who punch horses... but I've never heard booing when the other team scored. At a bad tackle yes, at a bad refereeing decision yes, at bad play yes, but never at the opposing team scoring. It was very bad form if you ask me. But apart from that it was wicked.
Not much else has occurred, so here's some nice pictures etc. n joy.
So yes - I am living that dream that everyone thinks they want, doing nothing at all, being free as a bird...
Realistically, it's fairly boring. I have mastered the art of Netflix, if indeed, there can be an art to watching television. I'd like to believe there is, because I'd like to believe I'm good at it. I managed to watch two series of Call The Midwife in two days, and if that's not a skill then I genuinely don't know what is. I've now started re-watching it... strange obsession with Stephen McGann.
So I'm trying to get through a lot of things that I feel I should have done by now; television programmes, films, books... So Call The Midwife was on the list and is now done with, and I'm gleefully happy to have the new series on BBC, and I'm attempting to read A Clockwork Orange. When I'm in a good mood, I find it okay to read - it's all written with crazy loan words in so at times I'm guessing my way through chapters. But I will do it... eventually... even though I'm far too easily distracted by repeats of Sherlock and (naturally) Doctor Who.
After our party on Saturday, I laid in bed all day Sunday eating sushi... until a 2 1/2 hour late house viewing decided to occur. Cue absolute panicked re-tidying of the room, dashing about desperately trying to hide everything from view whilst they knocked on my door, and then having to run out of my room half clothed and very annoyed.
BUT ANYWAY.
I finally went to my first hockey game! Quebec Remparts versus... oh I don't know some other Quebecois junior team. Anyway, it was really good - almost all of the housemates went together and it was a nice eve. Had some cute little kids singing the national anthem (in French boo), some medals presented to members of the team who'd represented their countries at the junior world cup, and the CUTEST little kids in Tim Horton's jerseys playing during the intermission. I enjoyed getting really aggressive too whenever there was the potential for a fight... but sadly it was quite a calm game. The Remparts won too, which was really good. However, I was shocked by the fact that when the opponents scored, the crowd actually booed. As a seasoned football fan, I'm used to angry sports fans, I'm even used to people being absolute idiots who punch horses... but I've never heard booing when the other team scored. At a bad tackle yes, at a bad refereeing decision yes, at bad play yes, but never at the opposing team scoring. It was very bad form if you ask me. But apart from that it was wicked.
Not much else has occurred, so here's some nice pictures etc. n joy.
Remparts - Presentations of medals for Junior World Cup Team Members
Bonhomme - The Mascot of the Quebec Winter Carnival
Crazy mascot of the Remparts... he fell just after this
Goal celebration - high 5s from the bench
bloody mascot!
hockey banter
Victoire! Celeberation time!
Ps. Here's a little taste of real hockey fighting ;) Not that I'm condoning it, but it is funny...
Peace out brooooooothers & Schwestern.
Comments
Post a Comment